How Storytelling Builds Next-Generation Leaders
MIT Sloan Management Review (Cambridge, MA)
Storytelling has been an effective means of communicating important substantive and cultural messages for thousnads of years. Great stories create a rich visual imagery in our minds, and great storytellers invite us to walk the landscape that is created by this imagery.
For example, in the mid-1990s, Hubertus von Grunberg, the CEO of Continental AG, the world's fourth largest tire company, used story to change his company's self-reliant culture and transform itself into a global business.
Some key points:
- Effective stories are context-specific.
- Effective stories are level-appropriate.
- Effective stories are told by respected role models.
- Effective stories have drama.
- Effective stories have high learning value.
Subjects Covered: business
If you know of articles which should be included in this collection, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.